"At the end of the last episode, SAGA prefecture will have a new meaning. This is a revenge for fate. A battle to regain our dignity, which has been burned by the flames of irrational fate."
— Official Zombie Land Saga Website
|The Seventh episode comes out on May 20
"An idol animation with a new meaning where legendary girls revived as zombies through space-time save the Saga Prefecture as idols."
Gathered from several different eras, a group of legendary girls have become zombie idols to save Saga Prefecture. The return of this groundbreaking zombie idol anime! One day, Sakura Minamoto loses her life in an unfortunate accident. Ten years later, Sakura awakens in a strange mansion where producer Kotaro Tatsumi explains that she will join a group of legendary girls to form an idol group. The seven girls were given the mission to save Saga prefecture as Franchouchou, and after overcoming the difficulties generated by being of different ages and eras in history, their undead zombie bodies allowed them to challenge all the limits of what an idol can to be. During the final winter of the Heisei era they held their first concert at the Karatsu Arpino, taking another step towards becoming legends. Now, in the modern Reiwa era, the curtain rises on a new chapter in Franchouchou's history as they move toward a bright, hope-filled future.
- Episode 13: It has been a long month and Franchouchou has been working hard to pay off their debt and make their goal as successful idols come true. Meanwhile, Kotaro shows no sign of gaining his confidence and willpower back ever since their failed performance.
- Episode 14: Saki gets to meet her childhood idol in the flesh.
- Episode 15: Kotaro sees that the rest of the girls depend on Ai too much, so he signs her up for a bunch of solo gigs.
- Episode 16: The long awaited day for the battle of the idol groups has arrived. And something about Junko spacing out is troubling Ai.
- Episode 17: Lily meets her new rival in a fellow child actor prodigy.
- Episode 18: It is Tae’s turn to go run the errands of the household.
- Episode 19: TBA
|Ep. #||Image||Title||Synopsis||Premiere Date|
|1||"Good Morning Returns SAGA/グッドモーニングリターンズ SAGA"||"The living corpses continued to wriggle in their destiny. Even when the seven wishes covered with despair as a false mask. When I saw their gazes pierces my flesh, I'm laughed fearlessly. People will hear the sound when the light from heaven shines on the revived corpse. A scream that echoes in the madness. Our scream of revenge."||April 08, 2021|
|2||"The SAGA of an Almost-Broken Radio/ぶっ壊れかけのレディオ SAGA"||"I'm awaken like a zombie, and they seem to be relieved. I often make myself drunk to hide my pale face, but it's not the time to keep on whining. To make Franchouchou shine again, I need a big stepping stone. An eye for an eye, a teeth for a teeth, a legend for a legend. Receive the fiery passion as if it were the dragon's flame. Even if the body is destroyed, the soul will never be."||April 15, 2021|
|3||"Love and Youth Acoustic SAGA/愛と青春アコースティックSAGA"||"With the radio media, Franchouchou's name will become even more widespread. From here, we have to gain more momentum and fill the tomb that was opened due to the failure of the station star.Just when I was thinking that, ridiculous information came in. They attack Saga. To counter it, we must significantly strengthen our strength. He's the one who has the key, but... I don't think the enemy thought about it either."||April 22, 2021|
|4||"Innocent Electric SAGA/純情エレクトリック SAGA"||"Franchouchou cannot lose in the new battlefield born in Saga. However, it see, s that the members will do it again. At this rate, they are likely to have maggots, so I'll think about it in the strategy. How should we fight against the huge enemy Iron Frill? Let's go with an impact game that destroys everything. I did say so. Why did that happen?"||April 29, 2021|
|5||"Little Parappo SAGA/リトルパラッポ SAGA"||"After the war in Saga Arena, the name "Franchouchou" spread to some extent throughout the country. Even those with rotten bodies did well without rotting their hearts. To know the light and dark sides of the world. You can be a naughty zombie. I want you to grow up strong. As an idol. As an artist."||May 06, 2021|
|6||"Walking Bet SAGA/リトルパラッポ SAGA"||"Money is important for living. It is also important for those who are dead. To recover from the failure of Ekimae Real Estate, we have to win more efficiently. Here I will remind you of the need for a producer. Life is not a game of chance.Success is achieved with your own efforts. First, let's think about how to sell this jar at a high price."||May 13, 2021|
|7||"Episode 19"||May 20, 2021|
|8||"Episode 20"||May 27, 2021|
|9||"Episode 21"||June 03, 2021|
|10||"Episode 22"||June 10, 2021|
|11||"Episode 23"||June 17, 2021|
|12||"Episode 24"||June 24, 2021|
- The first promotional poster for the season has a color theme of blue, however the recent poster has a color theme of orange, both are completely opposite in the color circle.
- The original PV uploaded to the Avex Pictures channel underwent an audio edit two months after its publication, changing the Soundtrack slightly and revealing the final OST of the anime. In fact, the trailer released by Crunchyroll has the original audio of the video.
- They also edited the final part of the video adding the release date for April 8, these changes were made after the February 27 event, in this event another part of the OST was also revealed that was later edited within the trailer.
- The scene wherein a disheveled Kotaro raises his arms to the sky by a cliffside with roaring waves in the thirteenth episode is reminiscent of the official poster for the second season, with the only difference being that his hair was not as long in the official poster as to avoid spoilers.
|Original Author||Public Relations and Hearings Division Zombie Section|
|Director/Sound Director||Munehisa Sakai|
|Composition of the series||Shigeru Murakoshi|
|Character Design||Kasumi Fukagawa|
|Art Director||Tatsuro Onishi|
|Art Environment||Nobuto Sue, Shiori Shiwa|
|Color Design||Azusa Sasaki|
|Director of Photography||Momoko Mifune|
|3D-CGI Director||Ai Kuroiwa|
|Music||Koji Takanashi, Funta7|
|Musical production||Avex Pictures|
|Head of Producers||Asaichi Iizumi, Nobuhiro Takenaka
Manami Kabashima, Makoto Kimura
|Producers||Manabu Otsuka (animation)|
Zombie Land Saga Production Committee