"At the end of the last episode, SAGA prefecture will have a new meaning. This is a revenge for fate. A battle to regain our dignity, which has been burned by the flames of irrational fate."
— Official Zombie Land Saga Website
|The third episode comes out on April 22
"Idol animation with a new meaning where legendary girls revived as zombies through space-time and save Saga Prefecture as idols"
Gathered from several different eras, a group of legendary girls have become zombie idols to save Saga Prefecture. The return of this groundbreaking zombie idol anime! One day, Sakura Minamoto loses her life in an unfortunate accident. Ten years later, Sakura awakens in a strange mansion where producer Kotaro Tatsumi explains that she will join a group of legendary girls to form an idol group. The seven girls were given the mission to save Saga prefecture as Franchouchou, and after overcoming the difficulties generated by being of different ages and eras in history, their undead zombie bodies allowed them to challenge all the limits of what an idol can to be. During the final winter of the Heisei era they held their first concert at the Karatsu Arpino, taking another step towards becoming legends. Now, in the modern Reiwa era, the curtain rises on a new chapter in Franchouchou's history as they move toward a bright, hope-filled future.
- Episode 13: It has been a long month and Franchouchou has been working hard to pay off their debt and make their goal as successful idols come true. Meanwhile, Kotaro shows no sign of gaining his confidence and willpower back ever since their failed performance.
- Episode 14: Saki gets to meet her childhood idol in the flesh.
|Ep. #||Image||Title||Synopsis||Premiere Date|
|1||"Good Morning Returns SAGA/グッドモーニングリターンズ SAGA"||"The living corpses continued to wriggle in their destiny. Even when the seven wishes covered with despair as a false mask. When I saw their gazes pierces my flesh, I'm laughed fearlessly. People will hear the sound when the light from heaven shines on the revived corpse. A scream that echoes in the madness. Our scream of revenge."||April 08, 2021|
|2||"The SAGA of an Almost-Broken Radio/ぶっ壊れかけのレディオ SAGA"||"I'm awaken like a zombie, and they seem to be relieved. I often make myself drunk to hide my pale face, but it's not the time to keep on whining. To make Franchouchou shine again, I need a big stepping stone. An eye for an eye, a teeth for a teeth, a legend for a legend. Receive the fiery passion as if it were the dragon's flame. Even if the body is destroyed, the soul will never be."||April 15, 2021|
|3||"Episode 15"||April 22, 2021|
|4||"Episode 16"||April 29, 2021|
|5||"Episode 17"||May 06, 2021|
|6||"Episode 18"||May 13, 2021|
|7||"Episode 19"||May 20, 2021|
|8||"Episode 20"||May 27, 2021|
|9||"Episode 21"||June 03, 2021|
|10||"Episode 22"||June 10, 2021|
|11||"Episode 23"||June 17, 2021|
|12||"Episode 24"||June 24, 2021|
- The first promotional poster for the season has a color theme of blue, however the recent poster has a color theme of orange, both are completely opposite in the color circle.
- The original PV uploaded to the Avex Pictures channel underwent an audio edit two months after its publication, changing the Soundtrack slightly and revealing the final OST of the anime. In fact, the trailer released by Crunchyroll has the original audio of the video.
- They also edited the final part of the video adding the release date for April 8, these changes were made after the February 27 event, in this event another part of the OST was also revealed that was later edited within the trailer.
- The scene wherein a disheveled Kotaro raises his arms to the sky by a cliffside with roaring waves in the thirteenth episode is reminiscent of the official poster for the second season, with the only difference being that his hair was not as long in the official poster as to avoid spoilers.
|Public Relations||Public Relations Hearings Section Zombie Land Saga Section|
|Director/Sound Director||Sakai Munehisa|
|Composition of the series||Murakoshi Shigeru|
|Character Design||Fukagawa Kazumi|
|Art Director||Tatsuro Onishi|
|Art Environment||Nobuto Sue, Shiori Shiwa|
|Color Design||Azusa Sasaki|
|Director of Photography||Momoko Mifune|
|3D-CGI Director||Ai Kuroiwa|
|Music||Koji Takanashi, Funta7|
|Musical production||Avex Pictures|
|Head of Producers||Asaichi Iizumi, Nobuhiro Takenaka
Manami Kabashima, Makoto Kimura
|Producers||Manabu Otsuka (animation)|
Zombie Land Saga Production Committee