“They’ve been doing your reckless orders and have been overcoming every obstacle. Including the reckless stuff that even you found impossible. Which, isn’t wrong, in my opinion. And besides, it all started with your ego to begin with. Therefore, you have to end it with your ego, as well.”
— Xu Fu to a depressed Kotaro, about Franchouchou
Xu Fu (徐福 Jofuku) is Kiichi Momozaki's adoptive grandfather and the bartender whom Kotaro casually hangs out with. He is formerly an alchemist from The Qin Dynasty that was ordered to make the Elixir of Immortality.
Currently he works in an unknown bar in the center of the city of Saga, he wears a typical waiter suit and his hair is totally gray and he has a mane that reaches below his neck, he is also partially bald.
In the Meiji era, his power was reduced and he looked much older than usual, so he was bald and only wore a white robe and a cane to support himself because his back was weak.
From what little we know about him, he is a mature man who is not afraid to talk to people and is direct with his conversations, although he likes to play a bit to be cryptic with them too, during his appearances during the series he is direct with Kotaro calling his plan insane but worrying that Yugiri is okay. In episode 13 and the first of the second season this attitude goes a little further by insulting Kotaro for his vagabond appearance and purposely mistaking Franchouchou's name for "Saga ettes" in reference to the stadium where they failed, in addition to intentionally provoking Kotaro with telling him to tell the girls that it's over for them, so that he comes out of his depression and goes directly to save the group.
During the Meiji era, his power was greatly reduced by the existence of Saga on the map, so he hysterically looked for a young man to help him, this young man is Kiichi and with the advice of his grandfather he tries to return Saga to the place he was before. During his appearance in episode 21 he is seen as a grumpy old man who seems to be insane by yelling that he is Saga himself.
His attitude with Yugiri is very different from the cold man he is with Kotaro, this because Yugiri was taking care of him when he was weak and took care of Kiichi so that he could create his new Saga so he is quite kind to her although he still continues. presenting trouble remembering the group's name. As it was implied in the first season, Yugiri's favor to him was because thanks to her he can still be alive.
- Bartending - TBA
- Wide Intellect - Being alive for more than 2200 Xu accumulate a great knowledge of Saga and the whole world, so it is a good source of information.
- Clairvoyance - Xu is able to see the future moderately and predict certain events that will happen in the future of Saga.
- Necromancy - As mentioned in episode 20, he is able to raise the dead depending on the state of Saga prefecture, when Saga disappeared from the map he consequently lost his powers and his ability to be immortal.
- Immortality - Because he found the elixir of immortality, Xu Fu is now completely immortal but this same immortality is linked to Saga itself so he gets older and sicker when Saga disappears and younger and stronger when it is at its peak.
- Limited Omnipresence - Xu is able to see and feel Saga itself, as demonstrated when Itou killed several Saga rebels and he felt the retaliation for this by losing his power and falling unconscious
- Saga Curse - Saga's Curse always tries to stop those who are destined to save Saga, so it will avoid in any way that happens and will try to erase Saga from the map, but since Xu's power comes from Saga every altercation against the prefecture it constantly weakens him.
- His character is based on the very court magician of Qin Shi Huang Xu Fu, who was ordered by his chief to search for an "elixir of the immortals" on the top of the mythical Mount Penglai. He found the elixir whose name is "Furofuki" on the top of Mount Kinryu after reaching Saga and meeting the locals, indicating that the island he was looking for is actually Saga Prefecture,  the elixir It was given by a leading magician of the 8 immortals Anqi sheng, this place is known in Chinese mythology as the place where fruits grow that give immortality and are capable of reviving the dead, strongly indicating that this is the reason why which the girls were revived.
- The bartender is Xu Fu or Jofuku himself, who achieved immortality by becoming Saga's kami. Therefore, he says that he is Saga, and his power, appearance, and intellect decreased with Saga's removal from the map. If Yugiri helped restore Saga's name, then she saved him and would explain why she owes him so much.
- Xu Fu becoming Saga's kami caused some disturbances to the supernatural power in Saga, giving birth to the demons called Sagako that Tae fought with in Zombie Land Saga Gaiden.
- Fukagawa, the mangaka that writes Gaiden, said that the Episode 9 has a connection to Zombie Land Saga Gaiden.
- In the first season and the first episode of Revenge, his name was only marked as "Master", however that changed in episodes 20 and 21 of Revenge, where speculations about his identity were confirmed by literally calling him "Xu Fu"
- The images posted in the bar foreshadowed that the association is quite intentional in this Universe, and as confirmed in the credits of episode 20 it is about Xu Fu himself.
- The "Genkai Zombie Energy Park Project" that he purposefully mistakes the Zombie Land Saga Project as in the thirteenth episode is a reference to Genkai Energy Park, which is a kind of park in Saga that is adjacent to the power plant that holds such exhibits and the like.
- Xu Fu has the power of divination, as he predicted that Saga would lose his name. He also correctly predicted that some orphan he collected would eventually save Saga.
- He is revealed to have kept the group picture featuring Kiichi, Ito and Yugiri on one of the shelves in his bar, as shown in “The SAGA Incident: Part Two”.
|• Kotaro Tatsumi • Sakura Minamoto • Saki Nikaido • Ai Mizuno • Junko Konno • Yugiri • Tae Yamada • Lily Hoshikawa • Officer Suenaga • Romero|
|• Takeo Go • Reiko Amabuki • Arata Ookoba • Inubashiri • Xu Fu • Maria Amabuki • Death Metal fans • Shiori • Yui • Misa Higashitsuru • The Mysterious Man • White Ryu • Light Oozora • Maimai Yuzuriha • Shojiro Ito • Kiichi Momozaki|
|• Eikichi Hyodo • Yuko Hyodo • Anna Shuri • Tae Yamada • Hanako Hakase|