Saga's Blessing (佐賀の祝福 Saga no shukufuku) also known as Saga's Prosperity (佐賀繁栄 Saga han'ei), is the supernatural force opposed to Saga's curse and operates more discreetly than the curse.
Like its counterpart, Saga's Curse, the blessing would have been born in response to Saga's quest for immortality. Unlike the curse, it does not take on a known physical form, but is capable of influencing certain almost imperceptible events. The origin of the blessing is so far speculative and possibly linked to something divine.
The blessing of Saga is totally opposite to the curse of Saga and acts in a very subtle and almost imperceptible way, both forces are two sides of the same coin and aim to define the future of Saga through actions in the physical world. The blessing blesses with prosperity those who have the strength to decide on their own destiny to save Saga, but it is they themselves who must work together with the chosen ones to save Saga under the star of salvation.
- Good luck - A blessing of good luck helps those who have been blessed protect themselves against the effects of the curse, also called "Misogi" in the manga. This power has a limit and can only be used a few times before it runs out, it should be noted that this power can be used unconsciously or consciously.
- Onions - Not only humans, elements like onions can be blessed and used to seal curses.
There are several events that don't fit Saga's curse modus operandi but are oddly convenient for characters who appear to be blessed.
- Episode 5 - Sunlight prevents the audience from watching Tae's body crumbling in midair.
- Episode 13 - When Kotaro leaves the New Jofuku Bar to look for Franchouchou at Geils Live House, he reaches some streets where the pedestrian lights turn green giving free passage to Kotaro
- Episode 18 - Tae wins a bet of exactly 20 million yen to pay the group's debt, in just one day and without Tae being aware of 100% of what she did.
- Episode 22 - Kotaro avoids being crushed by Wintos.
- Episode 24 - Clearing the weather for the EFS concert.
- Saga Sagako Busters:
- Yuko Hyodo - Yuko had a great deal of power from Misogi but she gradually grew weaker in her fight against Sagako until she finally sealed herself in an onion alongside another Sagako.
- Tae Yamada - Apparently blessed only as a zombie, saving Franchouchou on several occasions and being of great help in an indirect way.
- Kotaro Tatsumi - He seems to be protected against the direct effects of the curse and seems to use his good luck discreetly to benefit Franchouchou at his concerts constantly.
- It is possible that the blessing could generate its own Sagako counterparts when needed. Likewise, the idea that Jofuku and Franchouchou are physical variations of the blessing was also put forward.
- Gaiden chapter 6, page 32