|The golden ponytail zombie with a sharp glare.
She's the kamikaze leader of Dorami, the legendary biker gang team that conquered Kyuushu. A self-respecting delinquent who threatens others with "you wanna die?", but will befriend anyone with guts. While she used to be obsessed with Tamagotchi when she alive, but it always turned out to be an Oyajitchi.
Saki Nikaido (二階堂サキ Nikaidō Saki) was a motorcyclist in life who, together with her best friend, Reiko Amabuki, alongside the rest of the Dorami Biker Gang, conquered the entire island of Kyushu (九州 Kyūshū).
She is currently the leader of Franchouchou where she is titled as The Legendary Chief Biker (Densetsu no Tokkō Taichō).
Saki has thigh-length blonde hair that has orange and green highlights tucked into a high ponytail with bangs mostly swept to the left where it has a single orange highlight and orange eyes.
Her casual outfit consists of a brown and white jacket over a white blouse and a blue knee skirt. She also wears her shirt with a dark orange necktie.
In the second season, it is evident that her natural hair color is blonde and that the orange and green colors in her hair are dyes that she made while she was a gang member.
Like the other zombies, Saki has grayish blue skin and red eyes, along with scars on her left cheek, left arm, and right leg, as well as bandages that cover her torso, upper left arm, right arm, and left leg. As a zombie, her hair is noticeably messier and duller in color. She lets go of her hair while she sleeps.
Her idol outfit changes throughout the series: On episodes 1-6, Saki wears a gold T-shirt with the word "弐" ("two") written on it, along with an orange skirt with white ruffles. Using makeup, she and the other zombies make their skin look like a normal human. Saki also wears contact lenses to achieve her golden eyes that she had as a living person.
After Saga Rock, her idol outfit changed to a red jacket with a plaid decoration, orange skirt with cotton inside it and knee-high boots.
Although in her life as a gang member she was rude, in reality Saki was quite weak in the past which caused her companions to mess with her in the past and made her come back quite strong. She was a friendless and even more rebellious girl before joining Dorami, unsure of the direction she was taking, until she heard the White Ryu radio broadcast that inspired her to do something with her life, leading her to befriend Reiko and Dorami in life.
In life, she used to hang out with her gang at "Drive in Tori", a popular chicken restaurant, and grew up watching the Kashima Gatalympics. Her modus operandi is to be the badass, she was an unfettered thrill seeker who often sought out challenges, a trait that eventually cost her her life.
She certainly was impetuous and courageous, but this trait of hers ended up being her Fatal Flaw, because she was so determined to win the chicken game against the rival gang that she kept speeding up and was mortally wounded by the resulting crash.
Saki has a tough and rebellious attitude, she calls Sakura a brat and openly declares that she has no respect for those who have no guts. However, after a successful performance, Saki takes being an idol very seriously and becomes the leader of Franchouchou.
Sakura outplayed her in an impromptu rap battle where the first of her basically tells her to fuck herself all the time and earns Saki's respect. Before that, Saki spent most of the episode antagonizing Sakura or treating her like easy prey.
Normally, she is just as upset with Kotaro as the rest of the girls, and she didn't hesitate to look down on them. In episode 5, she becomes much nicer to him when she discovers that she has booked appearances for them on Drive In Tori and Gatalympics, both of them screaming at her shared enthusiasm.
She goes into fangirl mode upon meeting Cocco, she turns into a completely emotional nerd when he's around her and gets upset when she feels like others can't live up to her acting standards.
Among girls who have trauma about her own cause of death and who often panic when reminded, Saki does not have trauma about her own cause of death, but an accident in which she died. to help her companions. Even in the bike race at the Gatalympics in episode 5, she took the lead as a special attack captain and was confident that she would win that test.
Despite being a rude criminal with the purpose of taking over the country, she shows great kindness towards children and an awareness of social norms, knowing full well that her harsh and violent attitude towards her gang will not work for her to be the largest idol group in the country. Saki also occasionally shows a soft side to her, as seen in episode 6, where she comforts Ai after she tells her how she died.
Dead or alive, Saki has never had a clue what it's supposed to be "normal", and she has never understood what other people see in it. She struggled to relate to Reiko's desire to leave the gang and start a family one day, and at first she has trouble connecting with the other girls due to her radical nature.
She gets a second chance as a zombie and does the exact same thing again. She survives this time thanks to her undead nature, even though she had no guarantee that she would have survived the accident intact enough to continue functioning.
When she was taken to the mountains she showed a rather reckless attitude in adding wet wood to the fire that Lily was making, however she was quite cooperative with the group in collecting dry wood after the incident. When Sakura got depressed, she went to look for her in person with the excuse that she was going to wash her face but when she arrived she couldn't convince her and used her non-dominant hand to slap her showing that she didn't really want to hurt Sakura, it was visibly seen affected by that and began to cry. But she showed great appreciation and understanding for Sakura after she regained the memories of her.
Saki is equally ecstatic when Kotaro says they will work with White Ryu, her icon from her whole life. Unlike other characters, she accepts his old-fashioned tendencies one hundred percent. Justified given that White Ryu's work helped her get out of a difficult place in her life, and she is grateful that he allowed her to continue his work by broadcasting his radio show to her.
After White Ryu appoints Franchouchou to succeed him on his radio show, Saki confesses her feelings for him. However, he tells Saki to try again when she is a grown woman. Saki regretfully admits to Sakura that she knows she never will be since zombies don't age, and she bursts into tears when reality hits her once and for all. Ironically, for someone who lived fast and died young, she finds a reason to grow up only after she's already dead, and now she never will.
After the disaster that happened in Saga in Revenge episodes 10 and 11, she is still worried about attending her radio show on the current day and gets angry with Sakura for missing the date. When they finally can give their radio program, Saki is the one who talks to the citizens of Saga about the disaster that occurred and as being united they will all be able to overcome it, speaking from the heart she asks everyone who listens to her to go to the benefit concert in Franchouchou in order to help recover Saga.
- Cycling Proficiency - As the former leader of The Dorami Biker Gang, it is to be expected that she can ride her motorcycle with more proficiency than an average cyclist. This is demonstrated in episode 9 with the race with Reiko at the beginning of the episode and by performing a jump with her motorcycle. She can also pedal a bike so fast that it creates a sonic boom.
- Proficiency in Kanji - Saki can fluently write difficult Kanji. Contrary and almost ironically, Saki is one of the most educated (if not the only one) because she has an excellent command of kanji; something that is only seen in senior years.
- Rapping - Saki and Sakura showcased their never-before-seen rapping skills.
- Hula Hooping - Saki and the rest of the girls are able to perform while twirling hoops made of electricity during their performance in “Episode 16”.
- Non-senescence - As a zombie, Saki is granted the ability to remain the age at which she died forever without any physical change after the resurrection process, as well as immunity against death. Saki, along with the other girls, is capable of enduring circumstances that human bodies cannot normally handle. This is shown when she performs the trick that killed her a second time, but instead of dying again, she returns with nothing but mild scratches.
- Detachable Limbs - As a zombie, she also have the ability to detach and reattach parts of her body from their sockets with little to no effort, either intentionally or accidentally. So far, we've not seen any part of her body fallen off yet, but we've seen that it can perform contortions that are not humanly possible.
- Phosphorescent Vision - Dark red eyes that can glow in the dark after being resurrected into a zombie.
- Element Absorption - Their zombie bodies can speed up the process of absorbing chemicals like those seen in Episode 4 by instantly absorbing the medicinal patches causing their muscles to relax and not be as stiff, in addition to their subsequent concerts and practices continue to use the patches. In Episode 7, their bodies demonstrate a similar capacity to batteries by receiving an electrical discharge from lightning and glow a pale blue, as well as releasing laser beams with their fingers.
- The name Saki is written in katakana (サキ), which has no special meaning. However, when written in kanji (咲), it could possibly mean "blossom".
- Saki's surname Nikaido means "upstairs, two-storied" (二階) (nikai) and "hall" (堂) (do).
- Nikaido is a name of a clan of Japanese samurai that ruled the Iwase District of Mutsu Province during the Sengoku period during the Kamakura era. The founder was Nikaido Yukimasa and they lived in the Sukagawa Castle.
- Saki was designed to be "pretty", and unlike the usual outfit, one of Saki's charms is that she likes to wear things that are easy to wear. In the Saki era, there were no people with hair colors like this, but since it's an anime, they used the "fusion of modern and nostalgia."
- Saki was actually discovered alive at the scene of the crash, but sustained severe lacerations from the crash and burns from the explosion, and died approximately two hours later at the hospital. The police suspect the involvement of a group called “Ladies”, which suggests that the Saga police were as out of touch at the time, or Saki and/or Reiko Amabuki fudged the details to avoid implicating fellow members of Dorami.
- Saki's scars look more like those from a car accident or, to be more precise, her motorcycle accident. So she should have received the same treatment as Junko because her death is almost similar, which means she would have been torn to pieces, but of course, that was not the case for her. She presumably, she could jump off the motorcycle before she crashed, but she couldn't save herself from a fall from that height. Also the magnitude of the explosion that is seen would have burned part of her body as seen in the bandages that she has on her leg and arm.
- Saki’s last Tamagotchi is still with Reiko, as a memento.
- Saki died three months after her eighteenth birthday.
- Saki sports probably most athletic figure in a group. Showing great agility several times during course of show.
- At the end of the episode 9, Saki wore "Captain-for-a-day" ("1日特攻隊長") which hinted "旧特攻隊長" (ex-captain)
- "1日" = one day
- "旧" = old; past; ex
- The chicken game Saki play consists of the one who stops first before reaching one of the many cliffs in Japan, loses and is considered a "chicken", losing prestige both the bozosoku and her gang.
- The bands until the 90 'were extremely violent. If you stared at them for more than a minute, you probably ended up in the hospital with blunt weapon wounds. In their quest for adrenaline, they fought with other gangs, ran races like these, and obstructed traffic while smashing cars that honked at them. They disappeared due to the cost of acquiring and modifying a motorcycle, to the series of laws that gave the police more instruments to arrest them and the fact that parents let their children play video games all day in order to keep them away from bad meetings.
- Saki's English voice actress Caitlin Glass also voices Maki Nishikino, another idol character from the anime series Love Live! School Idol Project.
- As of "Episode 13", Saki works part-time as a construction worker.
- In "Episode 14", it is revealed that Saki has a crush on her childhood idol, White Ryu.
- And as of that episode, she and the rest of Franchouchou were delegated ownership of his radio show.
- Tokkou dance's song in its full version includes White Ryu's speech in the middle of the song.
- Saki has two episodes centered around her so far, Episode 9 and Episode 14
- Coincidentally, these episodes are the only ones, so far, wherein Kotaro does not play a major role.
- In the second season while working as a worker, she realizes that zombies can gain muscle mass by exercising and doing physical exercise.
|• Kotaro Tatsumi • Tae Yamada • Sakura Minamoto • Saki Nikaido • Ai Mizuno • Junko Konno • Yugiri • Lily Hoshikawa • Policeman A • Romero •|
|Takeo Go • Reiko Amabuki • Arata Ookoba • Inubashiri • Jofuku • Maria Amabuki • Skull and Bull • Shiori Baba • Yui • Misa Higashitsuru • The Mysterious Man • White Ryu • Light Oozora • Maimai Yuzuriha • Shojiro Ito • Kiichi Momozaki •|
|Eikichi Hyodo • Yuko Hyodo • Anna Shuri • Tae Yamada • Hanako Hakase • Jofuku • Takeo Go • Sachika •|