Maria Amabuki (天吹 万梨阿 Amabuki Maria) is the former leader of the now disbanded Dorami Biker Gang, now rebranded as the Dorami Dance Team. She is a supporting character who made her debut in "Episode 9".
She is the daughter of Reiko Amabuki, whom she was once rebellious towards as she thought the latter was nothing but a spineless wimp for leaving the gang in favor of becoming a housewife,
Maria is a high school girl with long wavy light brown hair who has two small buns with long tails coming out of them made on both sides with bangs long enough to cover her forehead that ends in a straight cut over her orange eyes.
She usually wears a Dorami uniform, which is the standard Dorami uniform, consisting of a long red coat with her name and position written on the back in Kanji characters. Underneath, she wears a gray blouse, black tie, and a long black skirt.
Grocery Store Uniform
Maria is wearing a white shirt and black pants, she has a red apron on the front.
Maria has a very rebellious and aggressive personality that she developed by hating her, the soft and unnecessarily apologetic attitude of her mother, Reiko Amabuki. She has proclaimed herself the leader of the Dorami motorcycle group, of which she has learned that her mother had been the leader.
She and her gang do this to look threatening to Sakura Minamoto and Lily Hoshikawa, but all they do is make them look silly. She tries to be a tough talking motorcyclist like her mother in the past, but she is quite inept and very insane for doing it.
This demonstrates a brave but also very reckless side of her. Examples is when confronting the leader of a rival gang, Misa Higashitsuru despite being obviously outmatched and accepting Misa's challenge in a game of chicken. Saki Nikaido lectured Maria in both situations for this recklessness, most likely stemming from her own experience.
After Saki's confrontation, Maria understands that there are other ways to rebel and decides to form the new group "Dorami Dance Team" with her two friends, besides being much more worried about herself and not scaring her mother by doing crazy things like before, she is even quite nice to Tae Yamada and tries to help her as a friend that is hers.
- Cycling Proficiency - Maria demonstrates she can drive a moped.
- The name Maria means "ten thousand" (万) (ma), "pear" (梨) (ri) and "flatter, fawn upon, corner, nook, recess" (阿) (a).
- Maria's surname Amabuki means "heaven/heavenly, sky, imperial" (天) (ama) and "blow, breathe, puff, emit, smoke" (吹) (fuki/buki).
- The reason why Maria prefers mopeds is because they are used by small-time modern Japanese biker gangs due to the stricter laws implemented against biker gangs after the 80~90s.
- Maria shares the same Japanese voice actor as Kaguya Shinomiya from Kaguya-sama: Love is War.
- As of "Episode 18", Maria works part-time as a stocker for a local grocery store in hopes of saving up enough money to pay off a replacement scooter for her mother.
|• Kotaro Tatsumi • Tae Yamada • Sakura Minamoto • Saki Nikaido • Ai Mizuno • Junko Konno • Yugiri • Lily Hoshikawa • Policeman A • Romero •|
|Takeo Go • Reiko Amabuki • Arata Ookoba • Inubashiri • Jofuku • Maria Amabuki • Skull and Bull • Shiori Baba • Yui • Misa Higashitsuru • The Mysterious Man • White Ryu • Light Oozora • Maimai Yuzuriha • Shojiro Ito • Kiichi Momozaki • Cocco •|
|• Hinasaka President • Drive In Tori President • Announcer Girl • Machiko • Saga Governor •|
|Eikichi Hyodo • Yuko Hyodo • Anna Shuri • Tae Yamada • Hanako Hakase • Jofuku • Takeo Go • Sachika • Keiji Higashino • Araki Aiba • Magatsuhi • Romero • Yasuko Hyodo • Mr Yamada • Mrs Yamada •|